Did you know that April is National Car Care Month? That means it’s time to get your car ready for spring driving and summer road trips. Supported by the Car Care Council, National Car Care Month reminds you to take care of any auto-related issues that may have put off over the winter months.
If you are like most people, your vehicle is your second largest investment next to your home. Caring for your vehicle will ensure it delivers the dependable performance, lasting value, and enjoyment you’ve come to rely on. Properly maintained vehicles offer the greatest return on investment in that they will operate safely for you and your loved ones. Regular maintenance also helps you avoid costly repairs down the road, which should provide you with the right motivation to consistently take care of your vehicle.
According to the Car Care Council, 7 out of 10 vehicles fail at least one component of a vehicle inspection. These results show that a majority of vehicle owners could save money, time, and trouble by being more proactive when it comes to maintaining their vehicles. Whether you’re doing it yourself, or relying on your auto service pro to take care of your ride, it’s time to get ready for the spring and summer travel season.
The following services are typically recommended for regularly scheduled car care:
- Check the oil filter and fluids
- Inspect hoses at each oil change; replace any that are cracked or brittle
- Check the brakes and engine brake system
- Make sure the battery connection is tight, clean, and free of corrosion
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage, or broken supports
- Schedule a tune-up to make sure your fuel economy is performing at its best
- Check the car’s heating and air conditioning system to ensure interior comfort and safety
- Inspect the steering and suspension systems annually
- Check the pressure of all tires, including the spare
- Test interior and exterior lights and replace any non-working bulbs