Belts and Hoses
Every car has a water pump, power steering pump, or other features that rely on belts and hoses to sustain operation. Belts and hoses have the shortest life span of components on your car. Constant exposure to heat, vibration, and harmful chemicals, can cause cracks and leaks.
Symptoms your belts and hoses may need service:
- Belts become brittle, cracked or worn
- Hoses becomes dry-rotted, brittle, cracked or split
- Loss of fluids, noticeable fluids leaking from under car, steam rising from engine
- Squealing (from engine) when starting your car
S&S Tire will:
- Inspect all belts and hoses
- Install new, high quality belts and/or hoses, if needed
- Check and fill all fluids
Why is it important to service belts and hoses?
A belt or hose failure may lead to an overheated engine, loss of power steering, and loss of the electrical charging system. If a hose leaks coolant or the belt turning the water pump snaps, the cooling system will not function. Engine overheating can cause serious internal damage, requiring expensive repairs. Though overheating can occur anytime, it typically happens in the summer. Temperatures under the hood are high to begin with, and excessive heat can trigger or accelerate deterioration of rubber compounds. Servicing belts and hoses will detect weaknesses and problems before trouble occurs on the road.